Updated: Nov 9, 2020
What’s Super Bowl Sunday without the snacks?! Yes, the game is important, but I don't know anyone who doesn't enjoy loading up their plate, parking themselves on the couch, and enjoying the game.
If there’s one dish I not only love to make, but I’m also really proud of it’s my Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe. IT’S SIMPLY AMAZING! For over 10 years I’ve been making this dip for parties and it never fails to win over the crowd. Trust me, this stuff is hard to back away from!
So what makes it so delicious? A specific list of ingredients AND the consistency. As a lover of any and all things buffalo chicken, I’ve tried many dips. Some too hot, some not flavorful enough, some too watery, some lacking in a certain component.
My recipe, however, combines the perfect blend of ingredients, mixed a specific way to create a flavorful, chunky dip that doesn’t burn your taste buds. So, if you're ready to mix up this fan favorite dish, keep on reading!
The success of this recipe lies in the ingredients. Trust me when I say that I’ve tried to swap out ingredients if I don’t have time to go to the store and it never comes out the same. The ones shown below are essential and can all be found in your local grocery store.
2 lbs. chicken, cooked and shredded
1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 12 oz. jar Marie’s Lite Chunky Blue Cheese
8 oz. Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
shredded cheese to top (optional)
1. Cook 2 lbs. of chicken breast in oven at 350 degrees. While still warm, shred chicken into small chunks and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl add 8 oz. block of cream cheese, 1 jar of Marie's Lite Chunky Blue Cheese and 1/2 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Buffalo Wing Sauce*.
*Start with half a bottle of buffalo sauce. Add more if you would like the dip to have a stronger "kick".
3. Use a hand masher, the kind used for mashed potatoes, and begin to mix ingredients together. You want to keep the block of cream cheese on the chunkier side - not entirely mixed down.
4. Once your mixture tastes to your liking, slowly begin to add in shredded chicken until evenly distributed.
5. Pour mixture into large baking dish and top with optional shredded cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
I hope you love this dish as much as my family and friends have over the years. Happy snacking!