A Seat at the Chef's Table: Cornerstone Culinary Kitchen
Updated: Jun 10, 2020
Last evening I had the wonderful opportunity to attend "Taste of Cornerstone", an intimate dining experience hosted at Cornerstone Culinary Kitchen in Camp Hill, Pennsylvania.
Cornerstone Culinary Kitchen is a private room located in the back of Cornerstone Coffeehouse that offers both private dinners for small groups and special occasions, as well as cooking classes that instruct, educate, and inspire!
Sip and Be Seated
Upon arrival, I was greeted with a gracious glass of champagne and instantly knew this evening was going to be wonderful! The intimate dining room, tucked away in the back of Cornerstone Coffeehouse, provided the perfect setting for this private dining experience. Unlike a traditional restaurant, tables are placed close to the Chef's cooking station to create conversations, allow for questions, and give guests an up-close view of the action!
Famed Chef Chuck LaPorta, a passionate culinary expert with over 30 years of experience, prepared a beautiful four course menu, which included:
- Grilled Shrimp with Avocado Pesto on Blue Corn Chip
- Mixed Greens with Strawberry Balsamic, Cranberries, Pecans, Walnuts, Parmesan & Coconut
- Chilean Sea Bass served with Roasted Asparagus & Smashed Root Vegetables
- Butterscotch Pudding topped with Salted Caramel & Whipped Mascarpone Cream (so delicious I forgot to photograph!)
More than Just a Meal
Chef LaPorta's love and passion for authentic cuisine can be found in every dish he creates. A private dinner at Cornerstone Culinary Kitchen is more than just a meal, it's an insightful culinary experience. Cooking can be intimidating for many, but Chef LaPorta's inviting presence and helpful tips leaves guests feeling confident and inspired to get back in the kitchen.
The five most helpful tips he provided:
1. To avoid "onion crying" store your onions in the fridge for 24 hours prior to cutting.
2. The best potatoes for mashing are Yukon Gold or Russet.
3. Bring your water to a boil before adding salt.
4. All types of fish are fully cooked at 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. How to "fork a lemon".
Thank you to Cornerstone Coffeehouse for hosting this incredible event! I sincerely enjoyed every aspect of the evening from the beautifully prepared meal to the time spent with fellow local bloggers. I look forward to my return!
For more information on Cornerstone Culinary Kitchen, please visit their website: cornerstoneculinary.com.